1) 本次作业为全国英语统考真题题型之一的交际口语,是统考中一道非常重要的题型 。本次共50道单选题,做作业前,请同学们认真学习以下口语对话原则,掌握这些,任何问题都能从容应对 。
一 、英语口语三原则:礼貌原则 、利他原则、文化遵从原则
无论在任何场合、表达什么看法/ 情感,发话/ 发问和应答都要有礼貌,即使表达不同看法或批评意见也要委婉间接的表达,使对方听起来不刺耳 。
e.g: - Do you think I can use your car for one day?
A. I’m afraid not.
B. No, you can’t.
C. I won’t let you do that.
D. Absolutely not.
礼貌原则还表现在拒绝请求的方式上:一种是委婉回绝,上面的例子“I’m afraid not”就是这种情况;另一种是先表同意,然后用“but”转折,表达不同意的意思。可以这样说: I’d like/ love to, but…
That’s a good idea, but…
在日常交际中,英语国家形成一种习俗,要尽可能为对方提供帮助和方便; 对别人遇到的好事/成功表示高兴; 坏事表示难过/惋惜,因此在交际用语中也要体现出来这种倾向。
e.g: - I am going to the City Hall, can you tell me how to get there, madam?
A. No, you don’t know
B. I don’t know.
C. Yes, you will.
D. Sorry, I am new here too. But you can ask the policeman over there.
在交际用语中,大家要有跨文化意识 。也就是要克服本民族的习惯思维和应答模式,要使用得体 、符合对方习惯的方式来应答。
e.g: - Mary, your dress is really beautiful. How is John?
A. Thank you very much
B. No, no, John is not bad
C. Thank you. He is fine
D. Don’t say that. It’s ugly. John is good
解析:按照英美国家文化,当受到他人赞扬时,应真诚表示感谢,这也是对说话人的尊重。如果一味谦虚说“不 、没有 、还差得远”等反而不礼貌,这与中国人的习惯思维不太一样,所以选C。二 、答题技巧之“排除法”
交际用语部分试题的选项中,错误选项不但错得比较明显,而且有一定规律可循,这为解题时使用排除法提供了机会 。错项的类型大体有几类:A. 选项本身语法错误;B.选项议题与谈话主题无关;C.选项明显违反上述三原则;D. 选项虽然与谈话主题有关,但不能提供发问者要求的信息、态度或观点;
1)- Mary, are you and your husband busy this weekend?
A. this weekend we may go to cinema
B. No, we’re not
C. Oh, it’s none of your busi ness
D. Welcome to our party
解析:Mary 的问题包含了“忙不忙”的询问,她可能想邀请对方作点什么。选项A属于上述D 的情况,虽然与提问句的主题有关,但并未直接提供“忙”还是“不忙”的信息;C 回答很不客气,显然违反礼貌原则;D 与谈话主题无关,最后只剩下B是答案 。
2)- You are not the manager here, are you?
A. Yes, I’m not
B. No, I am
C. Yes, I am
D. No, not at all
解析:选项A,B 都属于本身语法错误,不看发问句也可以排除。D 语法无错,但不能提供发问句要求的信息,属错项,答案是C 。
1. - Did you see the ad on the bulletin board?
A. No. What's it about?
B. Yes. What's it about?
C. It's still there.
D. That's a good idea.
2. - Thanks for inviting me, John, but I've already made other plans.
- _________. Maybe some other time.
A. I hope you enjoy it
B. That's good
C. Oh! I'm sorry to hear that
D. Great! I really had a good time
3. - Bring me the bill, please.
A. You are welcome.
B. Please wait for a moment, sir.
C. I'll hurry up.
D. Be quick.
4. - Would you like to try some of our best wine, sir?
A. No, thanks.
B. How do you like it?
C. French wine is wonderful.
D. Put it on the table.
5. - Where is the Loan Department, please?
A. Who are you?
B. This way, please.
C. I don't want to say anything.
D. What can I do for you?
6. - Would you mind helping me with the presentation?
A. Yes. Please.
B. No. I can't do it.
C. Not at all.
D. You can't do.
7. - Hello, could I speak to Mike please?
A. Who are you?
B. Who is speaking?
C. What's wrong?
8. - Great party, isn't it?
A. Yeah, really. B My friends are great.
C. Have we met before? D Glad to meet you again.
9. - I prefer the red dress.
A. You have a very good taste!
B. I respect your work!
C. You have a very successful business!
D. You wife is very charming!
10. - It's very thoughtful of you to give me a ride.
A. My pleasure.
B. Take it easy.
D. You are too polite.
11. - Are you feeling better today, Mrs. Willis?
A. Don't worry about me.
B. Just give me some medicine.
C. I'm worried.
D. Yes, thanks, doctor. But I still feel dizzy.
12. - Take these pills three times a day. Come back and see me in a week.
A. Thank you very much indeed.
B. I can't make it.
C. I haven't decided yet.
D. Good idea!
13. - I didn't mean to do that. Please forgive me.
A. Not too bad.
B. That's all right.
C. It's a pleasure.
D. Thank you.
14. - What do you plan to do after the exam?
- _________ How about you?
A. You can say that again! B I'm all for it.
C. Nothing special. D I've changed my mind.
15. - I'm glad you like the show.
A. Thank you so much for inviting me. B Yes, I'm glad you like it, too.
C. No, not really. D I'll go again next time.
16. - This is heavy! What's in it?
A. Thanks. I think I can manage by myself.
B. My new stereo equipment. I just bought it.
C. I'm glad you're here.
D. Are you really interested in it?
17. - I was wondering if you'd like to come over tonight.
A. Yes, last night.
B. Yes, over there.
C. Sure, I'd love to.
D. Yeah, I liked it too.
18. If a stranger says “Excuse me!” to you in the street, the suitable answer is _________
A. Excuse me.
B. I'm sorry.
19. - It's been a wonderful evening. Thank you very much.
A. My pleasure.
B. It doesn't matter.
C. No, thanks.
D. It's Ok.
20. - Is there a room available for tonight?
- Yes, Sir. May I help you?
A. Thank you.
B. I'm hoping to book a single room.
C. I want to go for a walk.
D. No, that's fine.
21. - Why did Mrs. Green go to the travel agency?
A. By car.
B. Yesterday afternoon.
C. In New York.
D. For some information about travel.
22. - How is your headache?
A. Not at all.
B. Nothing serious.
C. It's quite all right.
D. Nothing special.
23. - Why don't you come to my birthday party this Sunday?
A. Because I'm very busy.
B. Ok, I don't.
C. Ok, I do.
D. Ok, I will.
24. - Would you like a coffee?
A. Yes, please.
B. Yes, I prefer tea.
C. I like coffee very much.
D. It doesn't matter.
25. - Do you happen to have twenty dollars with you?
- I want to buy a notebook.
A. How do you want it?
B. How much?
C. What for?
D. When can you pay me back?
26. - I am so sorry to interrupt you again.
A. That's good.
B. It's all right.
C. I don't think so.
D. No way!
27. - How do I transfer calls?
A. Do as you like.
B. It is a bit difficult.
C. Let me show you.
D. Not at all.
28. - Can I speak to Mr. Brown, please?
- Yes, _________
A. Brown is speaking.
B. I am Mr. Brown.
C. this is me.
D. please speak.
29. - Welcome to the party! _________
- Thank you!
A. Excuse me!
B. I totally agree with you.
C. How pretty you look today!
D. Which one do you prefer?
30. - Would you transfer this call to the Financial Department?
A. Yes, I can't.
B. No, somebody else is on the phone.
C. Sorry, but the line is busy.
D. Yes. But you should wait.
31. - Good afternoon. Can I help you with something?
A. Yes, it is a pleasure.
B. Yes, I'm interested in a handbag.
C. No excuse.
D. Don't bother.
32. - Let's go to the library this afternoon.
A. Yes, that's right.
B. No. I can't.
C. What about you?
D. That's a good idea.
33. - What do you do?
A. What do you do?
B. Fine, thank you.
C. I'm a college student.
D. I do well in my studies.
34. - Piccadilly Circus? It’s 4 miles away.
A. How long does it take by bus?
B. You know where it is.
C. Is it far?
D. I don't know.
35. - How did Mr. Jones get to the cinema?
A. At 10 o'clock.
B. To Mrs. Jones.
C. By car.
D. To the Grand Theater.
36. - Good morning. Have you got a single room with a bathroom, please?
A. I don't know. B I'd rather not say.
C. Well, guess. D Yes, we have.
37. - Thanks for the lovely party and the delicious food.
A. No, thanks.
B. Never mind.
C. Thank you for coming.
D. That's all right.
38. - Would you mind my opening the window?
A Sorry, I can't.
B Go ahead.
C It's a pleasure.
D It's really very kind.
39. - Have you been to Paris?
A No, I didn't go there last year.
B No, but I hope to go there sometime next year.
C Paris is a nice place to visit.
D No, it was a long time ago.
40. - I must be going now.
A So soon! I hope you've enjoyed it.
B Have a cup of tea.
C How about a coffee.
D Not at all.
41. - Something went wrong with my television last night.
A. Don’t complain.
B. How did you manage to do that?
C. It’s impossible.
D. I’m sorry to hear that.
42. -This book is really excellent. I enjoy it very much.
A. I have just finished a novel.
B. What is it about?
C. I found it in a small bookstore.
D. When did you start reading?
43. - May I take your order now?
A No, I'm in trouble now.
B Yes, we obey orders.
C Yes, I'd like a dish of chicken.
D No, I don't have a choice of meat.
44. - I've got a bad cold today.
A. Oh, dear! I hope you get better soon. B It will be better soon.
C. Are you sure? D Are you serious?
45. - Could you tell me where the nearest parking lot is?
A Don't ask me.
B Parking is very difficult.
C Sorry, I'm a stranger here.
D Sorry, you can't park here.
46. - What's the date today?
C. It's not the right time.
D. The second of July.
47. - What does Peter do?
A. He's good at fixing things.
B. He can speak good German.
C. He does the washing-up after supper.
D. He's a language teacher.
48. - How did Tom learn Arabic?
A. By taking a course.
B. In the morning.
C. In the library.
D. Very well.
49. - I'm afraid there's a slight problem with my room-my bed hasn't been made yet.
A. I'd love to, thanks.
B. That sounds lovely.
C. You ought to do it.
D. Don't worry. I'll do it right away.
50. - Excuse me, could you tell the time?
A. You’d better buy a watch.
B. Can you see the clock?
C. It’s five thirty by my watch.
D. I don’t know.
你所提交的答案是:A C B A B C B A A A D A B C A B C C A B D B D A C B C A C C A D C C C D C B B A D B C A C D D A D C